Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

In the Beginning

So i bet right about now you have a million questions running though your head: who is this girl, where did she come from, and what in the world is this blog all about, right? Well hopefully this initial blog will clear that up for you. Here goes....

My name is Christin [kris-ten]..yea I know my parents apparently can't spell..I am from a very small town in East Tennessee that no one has ever heard of (population 1,000) and I have a very eventful life. 

It all started with one little phone call about 15 months ago...I am sitting at my desk talking to a co-worker when my cell phone rings. I look down and see its my mom, nothing out of the ordinary as we talk 3 or 4 times a day, so I excuse myself from the conversation and answer the phone. This is how it went.

Mom: They just called me
Me: Who mom?
Mom: I have a 4 week old baby
Me: ummm....okay and...
Mom: I need help, come by this afternoon. click....
Me: uhh...HELLOO?

So because patience is not one of my virtues, the rest of the day dragged on forever! 5:00 o'clock finally came and I headed to my parents house to see what all the fuss was about. When I pulled in I was met outside with a beautiful blue-eyed 6 lb little boy. He gazed up at me and at that moment I knew my life was changed forever.  
'They placed you into my arms and you slipped right into my heart'

I went from a recent college grad (who had not yet given up the college lifestyle) living alone in a one bedroom apartment to a full time professional employee of a prestigious organization and full-time mommy of an infant living in a 4 bedroom house within a year. 

As if that was not enough, add in my amazing boyfriend, my decision to go back to school to gain my MBA, and the fact that me and the bf recently found out we are going to be parents to a precious little baby girl and TADA...this blog is created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment