Friday, March 22, 2013

Emory: our birth story!

She is finally here!! All the patience and waiting and sleepless nights have finally paid off. I am now holding the precious little bundle of joy in my arms.

It was sort of a roller coaster of events that led to getting her here and keeping her healthy... Thank goodness we are all good, healthy, and home now :)

It is very true what they say that the last month of your pregnancy feels like the whole 9 months is just beginning. That last 4 weeks took FOREVERRRR! It didn't help that every time I went to the doctor I was 1 cm dilated and had been having minor contractions for weeks! So I sat at 1 cm for 4 weeks...

I tried everything to get her here ( by the way nothing helps get them here any quicker it's all just wives tales!) I tried black and blue cohosh, spicy food, Chinese, riding around the field, I mean EVERYTHING!!!!

So after 3 weeks I just gave up she will come when she is good and ready! So I went to the dr on Monday and I was still 1cm!!

Thursday night comes and the contractions start coming quicker and stronger and I started spotting. So we went to the hospital and guess what...STILL 1cm!! Ughhhhh so we drove home and I vowed that I was NOT going back to the dr or the hospital until she was coming out and I couldn't hold her in any longer!!

Friday night and the bf decides he is going to go hang out with his friends for a little while and I wasn't feeling great so I just stayed home.

6pm and the contractions were noticeable to say the least but still about 8 min apart.

9 pm and the contractions were much stronger.

12 am the bf is home and I was in tears on the floor every 8 minutes....then all of a sudden 6 minutes!

2 am and I have to go to the bathroom. There was a little too much liquid but still not enough to make me call the doctor..yet

3 am I go the bathroom again this time more liquid but still not too much. Then I stand up and GUSH...water everywhere. The contractions go from every 6 minutes to 5 then 4 then all of a sudden 3 minutes!!

I call the dr and he tells me to come to the hospital ( keep in mind that the hospital is an hour drive away) so I wake up the bf and get some clothes on. All the time screaming because the contractions were now in my back and so painful I couldn't help but scream! By the time we got in the car they were coming every minute and a half and I was pretty sure I was going to give birth in the car!

We finally make it to the hospital and the er registration is taking their sweet time as I am screaming in pain every minute and a half...what you name, birthdate, ss#, blah blah. I said in my motherly tone EXCUSE ME BUT I WAS TOLD TO GO STRAIGHT TO LABOR AND DELIVERY!! NOW SHUT UP AND OPEN THE FREAKING DOOR!! They did not seem to care for that but they got us in and within minutes I was in my room and getting the IVs hooked up. About thirty minutes later the epidural was in and I was 7 cm dilated. Not long after the epidural I start feeling a lot of pressure so I tell the nurse and she says well it is a little soon to check you again but I will ask the doctor. The doctor comes in and says let me just take a peak...O GOODNESS go get the dad we are pushing!

8:30 am on Saturday and we start pushing. The baby's heart rate is falling VERY LOW with every push so I am put on oxygen and continue to push.

10:12 am and my beautiful baby girl is in her daddy's arms and we are both in tears!

What a little miracle that we created! But this was just the beginning of the journey...

More to come with what happened next.. And of course some amazing pics of my beautiful little girl!


  1. GAH! Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Such a sweet story.

  2. HI dear, nice blog
    would you like to follow eachother?
    you can follwo me on GFC and like my facebook page and ill follow back:)

    all the best
    ps- beautiful little baby